Like anything new in the classroom, the first day of using Mathspace can feel overwhelming for you and your students. Follow these tips to help you get started!
- Show your students the handwriting tips video and how to navigate the workbook multiple times so they get comfortable using Mathspace.
- Take a screenshot of this Syntax Cheat Sheet and print it out, or share the link to help you and your students navigate Mathspace.
- Try the Mathspace Scavenger Hunt, a printable game to help students become familiar with the app.
- For your first assignments, keep it simple! Assign adaptive or custom tasks that include review material to lessen the cognitive load for students.
- Reinforce behaviors you want to see, like students using hints and watching the videos when they get stuck.
- Try reviewing your students' work while they are working on an assignment or after they have finished using an assignment. See how to track their progress here.
Most of all, be patient with your students and yourself. It takes time to learn something new, but it's well worth it in the end!
Follow our tips for the next few weeks in our follow-up article, Weeks 1-2: Gather Class Data.