Try setting a goal in the first two weeks to have multiple assignments with student data. Keep in mind:
- Some students still need coaching on using the program
- Reinforcing behaviors you'd like to see will encourage students to use the program effectively
- It's highly recommended that initial data is NOT used to determine student grades
For students needing additional coaching, consider pairing them up with a peer and working together on a custom task.
To reinforce a growth mindset, consider sharing exemplar student work with the class.
- Praise students for showing persistence with difficult problems
- Praise students for showing improvement
- Praise students for showing their step-by-step work
Once your students have gained some comfort and confidence using Mathspace, you can move on to our next step of implementation. Read tips in our article, Weeks 3-6: Interpret Data for Effective Instruction.