Getting your classes set up on Mathspace should be a quick job, so that you can spend more time planning your lessons and focusing on your students' learning.
Here's a checklist to help you get started in the new year:
- Deactivate any old teacher accounts and set up new teacher accounts. Contact us via the teacher support chat or at [email protected] to do this.
- Archive old classes. We suggest naming them with the year so that if you need to recover a class at any time, then it will be easily identifiable.
- Create new classes.
- Add existing students to new classes. Usernames will appear, and passwords can be reset by you if need be.
- Create accounts for new students. These students can either join themselves by using the class code or you can create new logins for them.
- View data of students coming in to your class. Check out the Mastery page for a summary of any work your students have already completed across any of the topics.
- Create custom or adaptive tasks to get your students started. We suggest starting with some easy revision topics to get your students familiar with using program.
- Start setting up your planner page with different types of tasks. You could plan out as far ahead as your like, while adding to and editing tasks as you go. Here are some tips on differentiating learning for your students.
- Find out more about monitoring your students' work once classes start back.
Remember we have 24/7 support for teachers, so please get in touch through the speech bubble on Mathspace or [email protected] if you have any questions. Wishing you a happy and successful year ahead!