Class Settings allows you to manage the textbooks and students in your class. You can access Class Settings by clicking on the "Classes" button, selecting a class, and then clicking on "Settings".
You can find the Class Code by clicking on the "View join code" button. Students can then join your class by going to mathspace.co/join and entering in your unique 6-digit Class Code.
By clicking on "Edit", you can archive your class, leave the class as a teacher, bulk update your students' textbook focus, and edit your class details.
By clicking on "Edit class details", you can amend the following:
- Class title/display name
- Adjust your textbook focus
- Add other textbooks
- Add/remove teachers to your class
- Making the points leaderboard visible/ not visible for students. You also have the option to choose whether the points leaderboard is visible to students or not by using the toggle option.
Note: the "Class display name" is not currently used anywhere else in Mathspace. This is intended for future development.
Aside from using the Class Code, you can also add students to your class using the "Add students" button. You will have three options - to 'Create a new student,' 'Add existing students,' or 'Import from CSV.'
Clicking on "Create a new student" will allow you to add a student who does not yet have an account on Mathspace in your school. You will need to fill in their First Name, Last Name, and their Textbook focus (the class will be set to the current class by default). If you supply an email address, the student can then log in via that email address (this is recommended). You can also add parent emails here, for them to receive weekly notifications.
Clicking on "Add existing students" will allow you to add students who already have accounts on Mathspace in your school. You can search students by name, and select multiple students to be added at the same time.
If you're using the CSV option, you will have to download and complete the template, then upload the CSV to Mathspace.
When you scroll down to the bottom, you will see a list of your students in the class.
- You can see the total number of students in your class
- "Status" shows you when that student was last logged into Mathspace
- "Textbook Focus" shows the default textbook that the students access when working independently.
- Students can log in using either their "Email" or their "Username"
- You can "Reset" a student's password, giving them a new temporary password. They will be prompted to change this password upon first login.
- Clicking on the three dots will allow you to access the Student Settings, or to remove that student from the class.